The Main Library is now open on Mondays-Thursdays 10am-4pm & Saturdays 10am-2pm! Please see www.peabodylibrary.org/reopening for more information about browsing, computer use, and holds pickups.
The South & West Branches are not yet open to the public. Book returns are open at all three locations.
Main Library Reopening Information
The Main Library is now open for limited browsing and computer use! Please enter through the Courtyard Lobby or Children’s Library entrances. More information coming soon regarding Branch reopenings and extended Main Library hours.
Available Services at the Main Library
Browsing of most collections, including Children’s and New Materials
Computer use (more information below)
Holds pickups in the Courtyard Lobby (As soon as your items are available, stop by the Main Library any time the Library is open to pickup your materials in the Courtyard Lobby. Pickup appointments no longer necessary. Please note that you will need to enter the courtyard lobby to retrieve and check out your materials. Accommodations are available by contacting library staff.)
Self Checkout via the new MeeScan kiosks or the MeeScan phone app
Printing & Copying
Library staff assistance in person, by phone, and by email
Online databases and resources
- ***Appointments are no longer necessary. but the following rules and policies will still apply, including time limits, per-day use, and mask regulations.***
- Limited computers are available for 1-hour sessions.
- No time extensions are available beyond 1 hour due to limited capacity and cleaning regulations.
Only one session per day per patron.
Please wear a mask at all times.
Keyboard cover, mouse cover, hand sanitizer, and sanitizing wipes will be provided, and staff will sanitize computer stations after each patron.
- We are unable to provide individualized technology help at this time.
Online meetings and cell phone calls are not permitted.
To help keep your Library safe, please:
- Do not enter if you feel sick or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Wear a mask at all times when in Library buildings and on Library property (patrons ages 2 and over), regardless of vaccination status. Please see our Face Covering Policy here.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently before and after touching shared surfaces and materials.
- Observe social distancing, and remain 6 feet apart from other patrons and Library staff.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- No eating or drinking is permitted while in the Library.
- Only one person or family is permitted in the elevator at a time.
Main Library Hours
- Mondays 10am-4pm
- Tuesdays 10am-4pm
- Wednesdays 10am-4pm
- Thursdays 10am-4pm
- Saturdays 10am-2pm
Services Not Yet Available
- Meeting rooms & study areas
- Children’s toys and computers
- Teen computers
- Creativity Lab
- Most seating
- In-person events
- Accepting of donations