Contactless Pickup & Printing at the Main Library
Our contactless pickup allows you to place holds online, print documents, and pick them at the Main Library during designated hours (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays from 10am-4pm).
Please only schedule an appointment AFTER you have received a notification via email, text, or phone call that your holds are available. You can check the status of your holds by logging in to your account at http://peabody.noblenet.org/eg/opac/myopac/main or by using the new NOBLE Libraries App, available for Android and iOS!
If you need assistance placing holds, printing your documents, or reserving a pick up time, call us at 978-531-0100, Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm. Please see “Additional Information” below for more FAQs.
- When your holds are ready to pick up, you will be notified by your preferred method (phone, email, or text).
- Your notification will include instructions to register for a pickup time through our website or by speaking with a librarian.
- We will hold items for you for 14 calendar days from the date of your notification.
***Please only schedule an appointment AFTER you have received a notification that your holds are available.
Curbside Pickup is now Contactless Self-Serve Pickup! When you arrive at the Main Library during your appointment time frame:
- Arrive in the Wallis Street Parking Lot (park in any spot)
- Put on your mask (required at all times)
- Enter the Children’s Room Entryway one person at a time to pick up your labeled bag of items that are already checked out to your card.
This service is available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10am-4pm.
Library staff are available to answer questions via an intercom system inside the Entryway (on the right wall). Call us at 978-531-0100 if you have any questions before arriving, or while you’re here. Enjoy!
- Place your holds through the library catalog. Items listed as “Available” at the Peabody Main Library will be ready in a day or two. Items from the South and West Branches may take up to a week to arrive. Items from other libraries may be requested, but due to quarantine periods and limited services at other libraries, will take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
- Curbside Pickup is available at the Main Library only, so the branches have been disabled as pickup locations. Items from the branches will be transferred to the Main Library for pickup.
- You can place holds on books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, and CDs. If you’re looking for something new to sample, you can request new and exciting titles through our brand new Library Takeout service!
We’ll print up to 10 pages for you for free, and you can pick up your documents through our Pickup Process. Email documents as attachments to email@example.com, and please include the following information in your email:
- Your First & Last Name
- How many copies of the document you’d like
- Black and White or Color
- Single or Double Sided
We’ll email you once your documents are ready, with instructions for how to sign up for a Pickup appointment. Please note that to protect your privacy, documents will be kept inside the building until you arrive to pick them up and notify staff of your arrival via intercom.
We can also print 3D models for you for free on our 3D printers. You can use up to 200 grams of plastic per week on 3D printing (we’ll let you know if a print job would go over this limit). We can print 3D models in STL or OBJ format, and you can pick up the models through our Pickup process. Email 3D models as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include the following information in your email:
- Your First & Last Name
- The color you would like your model to be (available colors are: Aqua, Black, Blue, Brown, Glow in the Dark, Gold, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- Optional: the size you would like your model to be (either the desired length in any one direction, or the desired percentage of the model’s default size)
- Optional: any specific 3D printing settings if needed (such as supports, raft, infill percentage, or layer height)
We’ll email you once your 3D models are ready, with instructions for how to sign up for a Pickup appointment.
- The Peabody Library is quarantining all returned items for one week before checking them in. Limited library staff are handling your items to prepare them for you.
- The building is regularly sanitized, and all staff are following health, safety, and sanitation guidelines from the State and City.
- Despite our precautions, you are welcome to wait an additional 72 hours from the time of your pickup before using our materials. This time frame is based on a June 2020 study showing that “Results show that the SARS-CoV-2 virus was not detectable on the materials after three days of quarantine.”
- If you need more time with your items, items can be renewed online or by phone (978-531-0100). The library is waiving overdue fines to accommodate our patrons’ needs and encourage access to our materials.
- All items will be checked out to your account a few minutes before your pickup window begins. If you do not pick up your items, we will contact you and adjust the due dates when you do arrive. We will remove items from your account if you do not pick up your items within 24 hours, and you can schedule a new pickup appointment. You can check the due dates of your items by logging into your online account at https://peabody.noblenet.org, or by calling us at 978-531-0100 on Mon-Thurs from 9am-5pm.
- Some items may be in transit from our other branches or other local libraries, and will take a while to become available due to recent library staffing reductions. Please check your online account or call us if you have any questions.
- You may utilize our Pickup services with a library card from any NOBLE library- just make sure that you designated the Peabody Institute Library Main Library as the pickup location.