Contactless Curbside Pickup & Printing at the Main Library
Our curbside contactless pickup allows you to place holds online, print documents, and pick them at the Main Library during designated hours (Mondays-Thursdays & Saturdays from 10am-4pm).
Please only schedule an appointment AFTER you have received a notification via email, text, or phone call that your holds are available. You can check the status of your holds by logging in to your account at http://peabody.noblenet.org/eg/opac/myopac/main or by using the new NOBLE Libraries App, available for Android and iOS!
If you need assistance placing holds, printing your documents, or reserving a pick up time, call us at 978-531-0100, Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm. Please see “Additional Information” below for more FAQs.
How to Prepare for PIL Contactless Curbside Pickup & Curbside Printing
- Place your holds through the library catalog. Items listed as “Available” at the Peabody Main Library, South Branch, and West Branch will be ready in a day or two. Items from other libraries may be requested, but due to quarantine periods and limited services at other libraries, will take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
- Curbside Pickup is available at the Main Library only, so the branches have been disabled as pickup locations. Items from the branches will be transferred to the Main Library for pickup.
- You can place holds on books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, and CDs. If you’re looking for something new to sample, you can request new and exciting titles through our brand new Library Takeout service!
We’ll print up to 10 pages for you for free, and you can pick up your documents through our Curbside Pickup Process. Email documents as attachments to email@example.com, and please include the following information in your email:
- Your First & Last Name
- How many copies of the document you’d like
- Black and White or Color
- Single or Double Sided
We’ll email you once your documents are ready, with instructions for how to sign up for a Curbside Pickup appointment.
Curbside 3D Printing
We can also print 3D models for you for free on our 3D printers. You can use up to 200 grams of plastic per week on 3D printing (we’ll let you know if a print job would go over this limit). We can print 3D models in STL or OBJ format, and you can pick up the models through our Curbside Pickup process. Email 3D models as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include the following information in your email:
- Your First & Last Name
- The color you would like your model to be (available colors are: Aqua, Black, Blue, Brown, Glow in the Dark, Gold, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- Optional: the size you would like your model to be (either the desired length in any one direction, or the desired percentage of the model’s default size)
- Optional: any specific 3D printing settings if needed (such as supports, raft, infill percentage, or layer height)
We’ll email you once your 3D models are ready, with instructions for how to sign up for a Curbside Pickup appointment.
Scheduling Curbside Pickup
- When your holds are ready to pick up, you will be notified by your preferred method (phone, email, or text).
- Your notification will include instructions to register for a pickup time through our website or by speaking with a librarian.
- We will hold items for you for 14 calendar days from the date of your notification.
- Come at your reserved pickup time (make sure you have received a confirmation via call, text, or email).
- Wear your face covering.
- Park your vehicle in one of the spaces reserved for Curbside Pickup in the Main Library’s Children’s Room parking lot off of Wallis Street. Text or call the phone number provided with the last name associated with your library card and a basic description of your vehicle. Open your trunk.
- Return to your vehicle, keep your windows rolled up, and have your library card or ID ready.
- Library staff will approach your vehicle, and confirm your library card or ID through your closed window. They will then place items in your trunk, close your trunk, and return to the building.
- Check carefully for other vehicles or pedestrians before exiting the area.
- Please approach the table outside the Children’s Room entrance, place your library card or ID inside the clear plastic holder, and step back to the designated marking 6’ away.
- Text or call the phone number provided with the last name associated with your library card.
- Staff will approach the table, confirm your library card or ID, leave your items on the table, and return to the building.
- Once library staff has returned to the building, step forward and retrieve your item and your library card or ID.
- Please limit to one person per appointment.
- For everyone’s safety, please only return items to the book drop. Book drops are open at all three locations. Staff cannot accept returns during Curbside Pickup.
- The Peabody Library is quarantining all returned items for one week before checking them in. Items will remain on your account until checked in. No late fees will be charged during this time.
- The Peabody Library is quarantining all returned items for one week before checking them in. Limited library staff are handling your items to prepare them for you.
- The building is regularly sanitized, and all staff are following health, safety, and sanitation guidelines from the State and City.
- Despite our precautions, you are welcome to wait an additional 72 hours from the time of your pickup before using our materials. This time frame is based on a June 2020 study showing that “Results show that the SARS-CoV-2 virus was not detectable on the materials after three days of quarantine.”
- If you need more time with your items, items can be renewed online or by phone (978-531-0100). The library is waiving overdue fines this summer to accommodate our patrons’ needs and encourage access to our materials.
- All items will be checked out to your account by the end of the day. You can check the due dates of your items by logging into your online account at https://peabody.noblenet.org, or by calling us at 978-531-0100 on Mon-Thurs from 9am-5pm.
- Some items may be in transit from our other branches or other local libraries, and will take a while to become available due to recent library staffing reductions. Please check your online account or call us if you have any questions.
- You may utilize our Curbside Pickup services with a library card from any NOBLE library- just make sure that you designated the Peabody Institute Library Main Library as the pickup location.